Monday, December 5, 2011

Week 9 EOC: Photo Challenge


Legendary Photographers have all found their fame with the type of photograph in which they have chosen to shoot. So the challenge of creating a Self Portrait as if I were a legendary photographer has been a bit of a challenge for me. The first thing I did to start preparing for this shoot was to try and research some famous or legendary photographers self portraits and then to look up professional photographers who shoot the same type of photography in which I shoot to get some inspiration for my own Self Portrait. I wanted to shoot it outdoors, which seems to be the opposite of a lot of famous photographers who have their portraits or self portraits taken indoors in a studio setting in front of a plain light colored backdrop. So I chose to take my self portrait in the great outdoors, my first thought was to go somewhere scenic and take a full body shot sitting on a rock overlooking a vista of some sort. This however began to feel it was more about the location that a self portrait of me. The more scenic landscape plays a part in my photography and so does the urban landscape, so then I thought of a combination of the two a little bit of the urban landscape blurred due to a shallow depth of field and mountains in the background. I also chose to shoot into the sun to capture the sun’s rays as well as a little sun flare. I didn’t want to take the standard looking into the camera portrait either, so I am looking just off camera and I shot from a lower angle to make my presence more dominate in the photograph. I then edited the photograph in both Adobe Lightroom and in Adobe Photoshop to give it a sepia and vintage feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment