Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week 1 EOC: Constructed Self Portrait


The above image is a constructed photograph of a self portrait I created of myself, using a self portrait I have taken of myself and a photograph of one of my favorite photographers. The photographer that I chose to use for this particular assignment is Art Wolfe. Art Wolfe has been a wildlife and conservation photographer from more than 30 years. He has photographed on almost every continent, photographing wildlife, people and the environment. He has a home base in Seattle, Washington. Art Wolfe also has his own photography and conservation television series on PBS called “Art Wolfe travels to the edge.”Art Wolfe has also been a photographer for National Geographic and is an elite member of Canon’s “Explorers of light.”Art has a long list of memberships and awards he has won over the years.  Art has also published over 60 photography books from his travels around the world. As a photographer I have been inspired by Art’s work for many years now and have done a lot of research on his photographic style and business model which I plan to use as a model to develop my own business model.
You can find the about image on his website at www.artwolfe.com as well as on http://www.josephsaxton.com/artwolfe which is where I acquired the image for this assignment.
I used Photoshop to create this image by combining both my self portrait and Art’s photograph. I first to my image and cut out my image and then pasted it into the photograph by Art Wolfe, I then made myself somewhat transparent using the opacity bar. The purpose of this was to showcase the beautiful image taken by Art Wolfe while still including myself in the image. I also used layers and selective layering to try and blend the two images together a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment