Monday, October 3, 2011

Week 1 EOC: Stallions not Unicorns


As a professional photographer I plan to pursue a business in conservation photography, photographing subjects such as people, places, animals and the environment. Inspired by photographers like that of Art Wolfe and it is after his business model I will be following and using as a guide. Art Wolfe has been in the business for 30+ years and has seen a great deal of success in his business even in the current economic times.
As a documentary photographer giving voice to the endangered things of the world that may not be able to have a voice of their own. I will travel the world to document the beauty of the natural world and all that is in it. I will be documenting a wide range of subjects and subject matter, which will one day be able to be used to show generations to come what the world once looked like. I plan on also having a large stock photography collection that can be bought or leased for a variety of different things. Going along with this stock collection I will also have a collection of prints available for sale. Another part of my business will be teaching thru workshops and/ or seminars.
            As I start out it will be myself and my wife running the business, as I grow my business I will eventually get to the point I will need a couple assistants and a couple of photographers to help assist me with photo shoots, lectures, seminars, and travel workshops.

No comments:

Post a Comment