Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 3 Eoc: You Amazing


Sitting on top of a overlook in the Lake Mead recreation area I watch as the boats splashed by and people laughed and played near the shores edge. As I sat and watched from my vantage point wondering if this was the spot to take my photograph for this weeks assignment I noticed movement from the corner of my eye. turning to look in the direction of the movement I watched as a small coyote trotted over the ridge of the hill just below me and then down the small walk path headed to the lake shore below. I snapped a few photographs as I watched the coyote disappear into the brush along the shoreline. In that moment I realised this was the spot for me.
What makes a spot or photograph amazing, is it the beauty told from the photograph itself or is it the story that accompanies the photograph. While some would or could say this is a boring photograph in someways I suppose they could be correct, but to me it is a photograph that represents a vast area teaming with life from birds, to fish, to people and of course the occasional coyote. I took this photograph near Rocky Point in the Lake Mead recreation area using a second camera set on a tripod with a timer.

No comments:

Post a Comment