Monday, November 28, 2011

Week 8 EOC: Photo Challenge


Combat Photography probably the best way to capture not only life, but history as it happens.

Whenever you watch CNN or read articles in a magazine having to do with war and combat we always get to see what the photographer or videographer see’s through the lens of their camera. So what would it look like if we saw the photographer in the process of taking the photograph? So this is what I wanted to capture in my self portrait. I wanted to show what a photographer might have to use for cover and/ or climb around on, over, or under to be able to capture the best images. The key to photographing any story is to try and tell the whole story with your photographs so often the only way to do this is to be up close and personal with the subject matter you are intending to photograph. So in my photograph I wanted to be down in the wreckage of an old truck to try and make it seem as though I was in a place that might have some conflicts going on. I also wanted to shoot in the evening when the light was starting to fall off to give the photograph a little more depth. This is also why I chose to make it black and white, I feel like the range of tones from black to white better represent the mood in which I was trying to set with the place I chose to photograph in. I feel that sometimes emotional qualities are better represented in black and white rather that color, because sometimes the color can distract the viewer. I shot this photograph with a canon DSLR camera on a tripod using the on camera flash to add just a hint of light to me and the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment