Sunday, November 6, 2011

Week 5 EOC: Photo Challenge


As a photographer I spend a lot of time editing photographs getting them ready for print. While my goal is to capture everything correctly in the camera at the time I shoot it I like most photographers spend time editing my digital photographs making sure they are as close to perfect as I can make them. This is very important for a photographer like me that shoots Fine Art photography. It is important to find way to gain an edge over the competition; this is why I will sometime start the editing process of my images while in the field. Being able to wirelessly send images straight from the camera to a laptop so that it can be viewed in full resolution is one way to make sure I have everything just right in the camera to give me that edge. Not all locations allow for this way of shooting and sometimes weather condition won’t allow for it as well, but I like to be able to see the image in full resolution rather than just depend on the small screen on the back of the camera.

The above photograph is a picture of me making some quick edit to a photograph I was taking in the field. I am often in the great outdoors which I consider to be my office, it is the place I spend most of my time creating the works of art I will be selling in my gallery. One project in which I am working on is photographing the random things in which I find that people have either throw away in the desert of collected and dumped in the desert. Today’s subject happened to be a sofa love seat sitting on the top of large hill surrounded by construction cones and a detour sign. The photograph to me is interesting and can tell many different stories depending on the viewer and their own feeling and interpretation of the subject matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment